24th Conference on Knowledge Acquisition and Management (KAM’18)
Poznań, Poland, 9-12 September, 2018
Knowledge management is a large multidisciplinary field having its roots in Management and Artificial Intelligence. Activity of an extended organization should be supported by an organized and optimized flow of knowledge to effectively help all participants in their work.
We have the pleasure to invite you to contribute to and to participate in the conference "Knowledge Acquisition and Management". The predecessor of the KAM conference has been organized for the first time in 1992, as a venue for scientists and practitioners to address different aspects of usage of advanced information technologies in management, with focus on intelligent techniques and knowledge management. In 2003 the conference changed somewhat its focus and was organized for the first under its current name. Furthermore, the KAM conference became an international event, with participants from around the world. In 2012 we’ve joined to Federated Conference on Computer Science and Systems becoming one of the oldest event.
The aim of this event is to create possibility of presenting and discussing approaches, techniques and tools in the knowledge acquisition and other knowledge management areas with focus on contribution of artificial intelligence for improvement of human-machine intelligence and face the challenges of this century. We expect that the conference&workshop will enable exchange of information and experiences, and delve into current trends of methodological, technological and implementation aspects of knowledge management processes.
The following group topics, concerning both theory and applications, will be included (unavoidably incomplete):
- Knowledge discovery from databases and data warehouses
- Methods and tools for knowledge acquisition
- New emerging technologies for management
- Organizing the knowledge centers and knowledge distribution
- Knowledge creation and validation
- Knowledge dynamics and machine learning
- Distance learning and knowledge sharing
- Knowledge representation models
- Management of enterprise knowledge versus personal knowledge
- Knowledge managers and workers
- Knowledge coaching and diffusion
- Knowledge engineering and software engineering
- Managerial knowledge evolution with focus on managing of best practice and cooperative activities
- Knowledge grid and social networks
- Knowledge management for design, innovation and eco-innovation process
- Business Intelligence environment for supporting knowledge management
- Knowledge management in virtual advisors and training
- Management of the innovation and eco-innovation process
- Human-machine interfaces and knowledge visualization
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript, PDF or MSWord file).
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 10 pages IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Preprints containing accepted papers will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be published in Conference Proceedings and submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® database.
- Conference proceedings will be published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers and posted at the conference WWW site.
- Conference proceedings will be indexed in BazEkon and submitted for indexation in: Thomson Reuters - Conference Proceedings Citation Index, SciVerse Scopus, Inspec, Index Copernicus, DBLP Computer Science Bibliography and Google Scholar
- Extended versions of selected papers presented during the conference will be published as Special Issue(s).
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.